Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sunshine Salad



Really, I have such a hard time to let the Summer go! I always knew I am a summer girl, but I definitely realized it this year. My move to California will happen, sooner or later...
This salad puts the sunshine in my heart, with all its beautiful vibrant colors and the fresh juicy taste of pineapple and mango!! On my today's love list.




Salad ingredients:

1 cucumber
1 handful macadamia nuts
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 bunch green onions
1 mango
2 cups of pineapple
4 stalks celery
2 handfuls of mixed salad greens
Several handfuls of spinach
Sea salt

Dressing ingredients:

2/3 cup date syrup
1 small bunch dill
2 limes, juiced
1 pinch cayenne pepper
3/4 cup sesame or olive oil
1 handful of fresh cilantro
3 tbsp organic dry roasted peanut butter





Preparation:
Process the cucumber, celery, peppers, green onions, mixed greens and spinach in a food processor with the slicing blade or just with a knife. Try to get the pieces as small as you can.
Chopping green onions is more efficient with a knife than a food processor.
Chop macadamia nuts and dice mango and pineapple.
Blend remaining ingredients for dressing.
Mix all the salad ingredients and toss with the dressing. Mix well and let sit for a while to let the flavors combine. Or just munch it up right away!


Love and Cookies

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment