Sunday, June 5, 2011

Treasures, sunscreen and cookies..

I know I say it all the time but I just love the summer!!!I had such a great weekend with my husband and my nieces.Me and my hubby were treasure hunting on Saturday morning.Treasure hunting is what we say if we find little vintage treasures at garage sales.We found so many little cute things for our little place..like candle holders, vases and special picture frames.I love saving money and getting great gifts for yourself and anything that is second hand is better for the environment and your wallet.Here are two of the treasures we found..
It was 90 degrees and we were walking around in the heat for about 2 hours so I made sure I put some chemical free sunscreen on.I only wear  sunscreen if I know I will be directly in the sun for a long time.Make sure it is a natural sunscreen.Two of my favorite sunscreens are from the brand GODDESS GARDEN and BADGER.They are both organic and natural.You can get them with different SPF and they are available unscented.If you want to go out in the sun and get some vitamin D do it in the morning or in the late afternoon for about 20min and expose as much skin as possible to the sun rays.Please don't fry in the sun and damage your skin.Enjoy the sun in small quantities at a time.The sun is your friend but if your not aware of its power it can be your foe.
Your body won't be able to make vitamin D if you are covered in chemical toxins. Many heavily-used chemical sunscreens may actually increase cancers by virtue of their free radical generating properties. And many commonly used sunscreen chemicals have strong estrogen actions that may cause serious problems in sexual development and adult sexual function, and may further increase cancer risks.
LET'S ENJOY THE SUMMER AND BE SAFE!!

After a beautiful day we picked our nieces up and did some outdoor activities with them.They spend way to much time inside so we will try to get them out of the house as much as we can and let them enjoy the summer and get some exercise.We had a beautiful picnic and I made some yummy chocolate chip cookies.They are healthy, raw, vegan and kids approved.I will post them in the recipe section.

Love and cookies

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment