Monday, April 30, 2012

Lazy Sunday Fruit Roll-Up

I had a nice lazy Sunday yesterday! Nicki an awesome lady I work with, showed me how easy it is to make your own tortillas-are you kidding me, I will never buy tortillas again. This breakfast filled me up, but didn't make me feel tired or sluggish, so I still had enough energy for my Sunday Yoga workout.




Lazy Sunday Fruit Roll-Up

1/4 cup sprouted whole wheat flour
Water as necessary
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
1 banana
1tbsp organic dry roasted all natural peanut butter

Preheat non-stick iron cast skillet.
Dust surface with flour to prevent tortilla from sticking.
Mix sprouted flour with just enough water so it all sticks together.Roll into a ball until it is nice and round. With your rolling-pin roll ball into a flat round disk. You can make the tortilla as thick or thin as you like.
The trick to getting the tortilla nice and round is to keep it moving and always add enough flour so it won't stick.
Cook tortilla in the skillet for a couple of minutes on each side. They get hard quick so make sure you watch them, otherwise you end up with tortilla chips.
Spread peanut butter on tortilla, add berries and bananas and wrap it up.
Voila-serve with almond milk!

Love and Cookies

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment