Monday, April 16, 2012

Filled Avocado with Quinoa Salad and Garlic-Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar



I got this amazing, super yummy Balsamic Vinegar for my Birthday. It is from a cute store called ''Twisted Olive'' which has a big selection of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegars, infused with different herbs. This is one of the recipes, where I used some of my very precious Vinegar. I really have to hold myself back not to finish the whole bottle in a week!Thank you Ladies for the delicious treat!
By the way the quinoa is packed with protein and avocado contains healthy, easy to digest fats.



Ingredients:

1/4 cup quinoa
1 tsp smashed garlic
1/2 cup parsley
1/8 onion
1 avocado
1/4 orange
1/4 grapefruit
1tbsp garlic-cilantro balsamic vinegar
Sea salt to taste


Cook the quinoa over low heat in 1/2-3/4 cup water for about 20-25 min until all the water is absorbed.
Saute garlic in a saucepan for about 4min.
Add quinoa and sea salt and stir together, set aside.
Slice the orange and avocado into slices.
Chop onions, and parsley.
Blend all the ingredients together with the quinoa.
Slice the avocado in two halves, remove the pit.
Place both avocado halves on a plate and fill with the quinoa mixture, drizzle with my amazing cilantro-garlic Balsamic Vinegar and enjoy.

Love and Cookies

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment