Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jenny's Bircher Muesli



This breakfast muesli reminds me of the ''Birchermuesli'' I used to eat, while I lived in Switzerland.
The Swiss version is full of whipped cream and dairy and is far from healthy.
My vegan version rocks and brings me back to the good old days.
Make sure you prepare it the night before.


Jenny's Bircher Muesli

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped raw nuts or sunflower seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 small apple
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries

Combine oats, raisins, nuts, and cinnamon in a bowl.
Stir together milk and juice.
Pour over fruit mixture and stir to mix thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Chop apples in little pieces and add raspberries and apples to the muesli right before serving.


Love and Cookies

Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment